With an increasing population, there has never been a better time to consider moving to Australia to continue and even enhance your career. There is a demand for social workers throughout Australia so if you have the qualifications and experience needed for this role, you could find it easier than you think to make the move down under.

What qualifications are needed to be a Social Worker?

To apply for a residence visa you will need to pass a skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority. All of your training, work experience and qualifications will be evaluated to ensure you meet the required standards in Australia. A bachelor degree or higher qualification is the minimum required, in addition to relevant work experience.

You will need to register or obtain a license in the State or Territory you choose to live and work in before you can start working as a Social Worker. Regional offices of the AASW can help with this.

How can The Emigration Group help me?

The Emigration Group are best place to help you move to Australia by drawing on over 21 years of experience to give your visa application the best chance of success. Our experts are ready to help you at every stage and answer any questions you might have to put your mind at ease.

So, what are you waiting for? To find out how we can help you give the team at The Emigration Group a call today.


The Emigration Group has been helping people to realise their dream of moving to New Zealand for around 30 years.

So, what are you waiting for? Contact our NZ based director today. Email: geoff@emigrationgroup.co.nz