Business and Skilled Migration Queensland
The Queensland State Government updated its Skilled Occupation List, paving the way for the creation of more jobs for migrants throughout the region. Currently the State sponsors migrants with skills which are presently in demand and who are looking to live and work in Queensland.
If you are a skilled migrant and your chosen profession features on the Queensland Skilled Occupation List (QSOL), then you may be able to apply for a Skilled Nominated (subclass 190) Visa.
What are the requirements?
Situated in the north-east of the country, Queensland is the second-largest and third-most populous state in Australia, with over four million residents. The State is home to one of the fastest growing economies in the country having made the majority of its income across the retail, construction and health sectors.
In order to be eligible for Queensland nomination, applicants must:
- have an occupation on the QSOL for visa subclass 190 and meet any requirements or specialisations for that occupation
- have at least two years full time work experience in your nominated skilled occupation (post qualification)
- have a current positive skills assessment suitable for migration purposes for your nomination occupation from the relevant Australian assessing authority: www.immi.gov.au/asri
- meet the eligibility criteria set by the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection
- submit a completed Business and Skilled Migration Queensland (BSMQ) application form which will be provided to you once you lodge an Expression of Interest on SkillSelect
- have sufficient funds to settle in Queensland.
Some of the occupations particularly in demand in the Queensland area include engineers, accountants, IT professionals and nurses.
For more details on this opportunity and to determine if you are eligible, contact The Emigration Group today on 01244 321414.