Australia could be the place for a “better life”
Most people are consistently looking for ways to lead a better life and what better place to start that on the bright sandy shores of Australia. As a country with an abundance of great weather, great beaches and great lifestyles, Australia has a lot going for it, and this has been reflected in its recent excellent performance in the Better Life Index ratings.
Australia outperformed the UK in the following categories:
- Housing – Australia scored 9.3 in the Housing Index compared to the UK’s 7.9. This Index measures the quality of housing as well as its accessibility to good standard utilities, and the number of people in each dwelling.
- Community – In both countries there is a strong sense of community and high levels of civic participation but in Australia the voter turnout tops the list with 95% compared to a mere turnout of 61% in the UK.
- Health – Life expectancy in Australia currently stands at 81.5 years, well above that of the UK at 79.7 years.
- Education – In both countries 70% of adults have received a high school diploma, however in Australia in recent reading ability tests, students averaged 515 out of 600 compared to 494 out of 600 in the UK.
- Jobs – 72% of adults in Australia make up part of the workforce with 71% of mothers returning to employment after their child reaches school age. This is compared to 70% and 67% respectively in the UK.
- Life Satisfaction – When asked by the survey, 75% of Australians said they were happy with their life, compared to 68% of people in the UK.
So if you are looking for a happier life, there has never been a better time to make a move overseas. If you have been contemplating your visa options then why not get a little professional help? Contact the Emigration Group today on 01244 32141 (North) or 0207 118 2526 (South) and let us help you on your way to a “better life”.