Looking for a better life? Then New Zealand could be your next destination….
According to the Better Life Index, New Zealand regularly ranks among the top countries across a whole host of topics including housing, community, safety and health. The country performs well compared to the UK across a number of categories and could provide a great opportunity for you and your family to start a new life.
New Zealand outperforms the UK in the following categories:
- Housing – On the Housing Index, New Zealand scores 9.3 compared to the UK’s 7.9. This index measures the quality and levels of housing in addition to the quality of the utilities.
- Jobs – 72% of New Zealand adults are in full time work with 75% of mothers re-entering employment after their children reach school age. This is compared to 70% and 67% in the UK respectively.
- Community – New Zealanders have a strong sense of community and high levels of community participation with 97% of people claiming they know someone they could rely on in a time of need, compared to only 95% in the UK.
- Education – 72% of adults in New Zealand have a high school diploma compared to 70% in the UK. In a recent unilateral reading ability test, New Zealand pupils averaged 521 out of 600, compared to UK pupils who averaged 494 out of 600.
- Environment - The level of tiny air pollutant particles which can enter and cause damage to the lungs is 12 micrograms per cubic metre, compared to 13 in the UK.
- Health – The life expectancy in New Zealand is 80.4 years compared to the UK’s 79.7.
So if you are looking for a better life, then what better place to start than New Zealand, a consistently high ranker among the Better Life Index. If you are looking to make the move to New Zealand and would like advice and assistance then contact the Emigration Group today on 01244 321414 (North) or 0207 118 2526 (South) for more information.