10 great reasons to move to New Zealand
- Compared to the UK, with a top rate of tax of 60%, New Zealand has one of the lowest personal tax rates in the world. Average income earners, which account for 70% of tax-payers enjoy a top tax rate of just 17.5%.
- GST is set to be 15%, compared to a new 20% VAT rate in the UK.
- New Zealand has no capital gains tax and no inheritance tax.
- Much of New Zealand enjoys a largely sub-tropical climate.
- Being 10% larger than the UK, but with only 4.2 million people, New Zealand has plenty of space, making land much cheaper.
- It is estimated that 25% of people living in Auckland - the 'City of Sails' - own a boat.
- New Zealand's recession was not as severe as that in the UK and is recovering well with demand for skilled labour still fairly buoyant.
- New Zealand is a perfect country for children to grow up in, where they can choose from a multitude of sporting activities: kayaking, hiking, skiing, bungy jumping, white water rafting, swimming, surfing, fishing and camping, to name but a few.
- The standard of living is comparable to the UK, but many things cost less such as petrol, which costs half that in the UK. Eating out is also much cheaper.
- It's now official... having gone unbeaten in all 3 group games at the World Cup in South Africa, New Zealand now has a pretty decent football team!
A Permanent Residence Visa in just 3 months... No job required! If your usual occupation happens to be on the Long Term Skill Shortage (LTSS) list and you meet the New Zealand qualification requirements, we would expect to secure you a Permanent Residence visa within just 3 months, then you have up to 3 years to migrate!
Why can't the rest of the world be more like New Zealand? Click for details.
To discuss any aspect of a move to New Zealand, call our migration experts now on 0845 230 4390 or 01244 321414.